Capcom, SEGA, SNK, And More Are Back In The Ring For A Third Fighting Game Roundtable
The third round of the Japanese Fighting Publishers Roundtable kicks off on March 21st!
Starting at 3:00 pm JST – that’s 6:00 am UK time – so make sure you have a coffee. The live stream will feature members of Arc System Works. Bandai Namco, Capcom, Arika, SEGA, and SNK will discuss everything related to beat ’em up and esports. Organized by Hameko, a well-known Japanese fighting game commentator. The event will bring together a number of prominent personalities from the world of fighting games:
- Arc System Works – Daisuke Ishiwatari (Guilty gear series director), Akira Katano (director Guilty gear)
- Arika – Akira Nishitani (CEO and President, formerly of Street Fighter row)
- Bandai Namco – Katsuhiro Harada (Chief Producer) Tekken row)
- Capcom – Shuhei Matsumoto (Street Fighter V producer)
- SEGA – Seiji Aoki (Chief Producer) Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown)
- SNK – Yasuyuki Oda (SNK Producer)
Actually, you couldn’t get any bigger names from FGC here.
There are never any major announcements here. So don’t expect a big info dump of Street Fighter 6 or the sequel to Arika’s Fighting EX Layer Another Dash. However, there’s bound to be something to keep fighting game fans interested, and the official description mentions a “treasure assessment project” which sounds intriguing. You can watch the broadcast on Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown YouTube channel or on twitch courtesy of Arc System Works.
Speaking of masters of great anime visuals, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is getting a Switch port this week. We reviewed the game, and while we lamented the lack of a fallback netcode for the Switch release, we really enjoyed the graphics and combat.
Will you be streaming? Let us know in the comments below, or better yet, tell us what fighting games you want to see on Switch!