EVO 2022 Lineup Announced: Street Fighter V, Tekken 7 Headline This Year’s Event
EVO has unveiled a lineup of games that will take part in the popular fighting game tournament this August. EVO staples such as Street Fighter V and Tekken 7 will return as expected, but some games will also be introduced for the first time.
The full lineup looks like this:
- Street Fighter V: Champion Edition – PS4 (Capcom)
- Guilty Gear -Strive-PS4 (Arc System Works)
- Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate – PS4 (Warner Bros. Games)
- TEKKEN 7 – PS4 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
- KING OF FIGHTERS XV – PS4 (SNK)
- MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINA – PS4 (Project Lumina)
- DRAGON BALL FighterZ – PS4 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
- Granblue Fantasy: Versus – PS4 (Cygames and XSEED)
- Skullgirls: 2nd Encore – PS4 (Autumn Games)
General Manager Ric Thiers said: “We are thrilled to bring to EVO 2022 a series of fighting games that represent so many players in this genre. There is nothing like the energy of the global fighting game community as we gather for EVO and I look forward to seeing what happens as we kick off the next chapter of the event series together later this year.”
EVO is returning after last year’s event was canceled due to complications caused by COVID-19. Founded by Tom Cannon, it is one of the most popular fighting events in the world, with its roots going back to Northern California tournaments in the mid-90s.
Super Smash Bros. clearly missing from this year’s lineup. Last month, Nintendo made the decision not to host a repeat of the franchise at EVO 2022, possibly as a result of Sony buying the tournament in 2021.
Otherwise, fans and players can attend EVO 2022 at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas from August 5-7.
The Biggest Games of 2022
Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelancer who occasionally tweets @thelastdinsdale.