Evo 2022 Lineup Revealed; Street Fighter V, King Of Fighters XV Among Main Games
Evo, the world’s largest fighting game tournament, has announced the line-up for Evo 2022,
Which will return to the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas from August 5-7. Evo held a livestream on their Twitch page, hosted by longtime fighting game commentators Steven “Sajam” Lyon and Steve “TastySteve” Scott, to announce the roster for Evo 2022 – the first since a two-year hiatus caused by COVID-19 and the controversy surrounding the sexual assault allegation against the founder Joey Cuellar. Joining the lineup is a brief exhibition of each game featuring two of the community’s top pros.
The full lineup for Evo 2022, in order of game announcements, is as follows:
- Street Fighter V: Champion Edition (5th appearance)
- Guilty Gear: Strive (1st appearance)
- Mortal Kombat 11 (second appearance)
- Tekken 7 (6th appearance)
- The King of Fighters XV (1st appearance)
- Melty Blood: Type Lumina (1st appearance)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ (3rd appearance)
- Granblue Fantasy Versus (1st appearance)
- Skullgirls 2nd Encore (1st appearance)
Two notable exceptions to the list are Super Smash Bros.
Melee and Ultimate, the latter of which holds Evo’s record. For the most participants in a single tournament with almost 3,500 in 2019. Evo confirmed that Smash Bros will not be part of Evo 2022. When it announced this showcase event as Nintendo decided not to partner with the organization.
Evo 2022 will be the first event held under new Evo ownership since the organization was acquired by PlayStation in February 2021. The purchase follows a controversial 2020 event as longtime organizer Joey Cuellar was accused of sexual harassment and suspended from any involvement with Evo.