FromSoftware just released a title update for Elden Ring,
If you’ve played the game or even just watched the speed races, the patch notes will probably get you excited. Elden Ring patch 1.03 it’s massive, with nerfs, buffs, questline fixes, new NPC summons, and a bunch of other stuff. It’s hard to know where to start because there are a lot of changes, but it looks like some quests that many consider broken may have been fixed. Added new “quest phases” for NPCs Diallos, Nefeli Lux, Kenneth Hayt and Gatekeeper Gostok. The quest regarding Nephele in particular has confused many players.
There’s a new NPC in the form of Jar-Bairn, though it’s not stated where you’ll find them. The map now has a new icon type that can display NPC names to better mark their location. There are also more NPCs that can be summoned in “multiple situations”, while the Veil of Mimic can now mimic many new objects.
There are some worrying changes.
Ash Mimic Tear, which is a popular Ash summon for people who don’t want to play fair with bosses, has reduced damage and changed behavior. Likewise, the damage from Hoarfrost Stomp Ash of War, especially used in Elden Ring speedruns in Distortion2, has been reduced and the cast time has been increased. However, buffs dominate the list of changes. Sorcerers will be pleased with the reduced FP cost for a number of spells, including Loretta’s Great bow and Kariya’s Greatsword, and the trusty Great Brilliant Stone Shard now has longer range and is faster.
Anyway, here are the full patch notes:
Elden Ring v1.03 Patch Notes
Added additional items
- Added the ability to write the NPC’s icon and name on the map when encountering that NPC.
- Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
- Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nefeli Lux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostok.
- Added several NPCs to be summoned in various situations.
- Increased the number of object templates that the player can mimic when using the Veil of Mimic.
- Added nighttime background music for some outdoor areas.
- Fixed an issue where summoned NPCs would not take damage in some boss fights.
- Fixed an issue where the player would sometimes be unable to obtain an item after a boss fight.
- Fixed an issue that caused dialogs to skip when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to freeze while riding.
- Fixed an issue that caused Arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
- In a situation where a player cannot get more than 2 Talisman Pouches, a Talisman Pouch has been added to the Twin Maiden Husks shop line.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from going to places of grace from the map at the end of the game.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the Molten Giant battle.
- Fixed a bug due to which some types of weapons after being strengthened were displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that caused some weapons to not use stat scaling.
- Fixed freezes in some cases.
- Fixed an issue that caused the border of the multiplayer area to display incorrectly when playing online.
- Fixed an issue where the player could activate the weapon skill “Erdtree’s Great Shield” without absorbing the attack using a special item and spell combination.
- Fixed an issue where the Fire Deadly Sin spell had a different effect.
- Fixed an issue with Ashes of War, Resolve, and Royal Knight’s Resolve that caused the damage boost to also be applied to other weapons without this skill.
- Adjusted the visual effect of the Invisible Form spell.
- Removed the Ragged Armor set from the game that could have been obtained by mistake in the previous patch.
- Other performance improvements and bug fixes.
- Increased blacksmithing stone drop rate for some enemies.
- Smithing Stone has been added to some early game shops.
- Increased shield effectiveness.
- Reduced FP consumption and increased damage for the following spells: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet.
- Increased the damage of the following spells: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage.
- Reduced the FP consumption of the following spells: Star Rain/Rock Blast/Haima’s Hammer/Fundamental Star Rain/Stars of Destruction/Phalanx Greatblade/Magic Rainfall/Loretta’s Longbow/Loretta’s Mastery/Carian Greatsword/Carian Impaler/Splinter Spiral
- Increased the projectile speed and range of the Great Brilliant Shard.
- Reduced the damage of Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp and increased the cast time.
- Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash’s self-inflicted damage, while slightly reducing the damage and increasing the cast time.
- Reduced weapon skill, damage of Night Sword and Flame.
- Increased FP consumption and reduced the duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
- Changed FP consumption time for Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
- The damage of the spirit caused by using the Mimic Tear Ash item has been reduced, and the behavior of the spirit has been changed.
- Other Enemy and Weapon Balance Changes