Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection Announced
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection is coming to PS5 and PS4 this year. The collection, announced at Sony’s State of Play event in March, features thirteen classic TMNT titles, including Turtles in Time.
The collection, developed by Konami in collaboration with Nickelodeon and Digital Eclipse, includes games for arcades, NES, Super NES, Genesis, and Game Boy. HD textures and modern features have been added to the games, such as save and rewind, as well as local and online play in some games. There are also new modes such as Boss Rush and Challenge Mode.
Here is the full list of games in the collection:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
- TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
- TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES)
- TMNT III: Manhattan Project (NES)
- TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)
- TMNT: Hyperstone Heist (Genesis)
- TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan (Game Boy)
- TMNT II: Return from the Sewers (Game Boy)
- TMNT III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)
- TMNT: Tournament Fighters (NES)
- TMNT: Tournament Fighters (SNES)
- TMNT: Tournament Fighters (Genesis)
The Cowabunga Collection also includes local and online co-op, including games such as TMNT 2: The Arcade Game, TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project, and TMNT 4: Turtles in Time. The Hyperstone Heist will feature local multiplayer.
For everything else that was announced at the PlayStation State of Play in March 2021, including new titles from Capcom and Square Enix, check out the full recap of IGN’s new announcements here.
Bo Moore is IGN’s executive technical editor. You can find him on Twitter @usebomswisely.