You Can Pause In Elden Ring, Apparently, But It Probably Won’t Save You
There is no pause button in Elden Ring,
And while there is a mod that allows you to pause, a Twitter user and an Elden Ring player have come up with a way to pause without help. As IronPineapple pointed out on Twitter, players can open the menu explanation on the inventory screen. This will freeze the background activity. I have tested it on PC, and it really pauses the game effectively. GameSpot has also confirmed that this works on the Xbox version of the game.
Now playing: Elden Ring – everything you need to know
- On PC, players need to open their inventory, navigate to the Help section, and then click on Menu Explain. On Xbox, players can press Start, A, Select, and scroll down two positions until the menu is explained.
- guess Elden Ring DOES have a pause button
- just open “Menu Explanation” while on the inventory screen
- it’s not a meme; it really works pic.twitter.com/0tNLFaWwC7
- — Iron Pineapple (@IronPineapple_) March 8, 2022
On PC or Xbox, it’s a little awkward to press these buttons when you’re in the middle of a fight. I tried to pause while fighting the giant crab, but the monster was still destroying me as I groped for the button sequence without success. The best time to use this pause is when you’re idle in Torrent in a safe place and need to step away from the game for a second. Elden Ring was released in February to great success. The game is huge and contains many difficult areas, so if you need hints, check out our guide to Elden Ring. You can find out if you should let Fie hug you, where to get the Guts Claymore, and more.
GameSpot may earn commissions from retail offers.